<bgsound src="http://h1.ripway.com/dannysgl/BalladformyOneTrueLove.mp3" loop=true>

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Standard Chartered Marathon

Yea, it's true...i am joining the marathon for the 1st time. WHAT was i thinking???!!!! 10 KM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is like running 2.4km IPPT 5 freaking times!!25 rounds in the stadium!!!Simply crazy!! And guess what!The worst part is...... i have to pay $30 to kill myself..that really sums it up. If not because of some hot chick that walked past me when you guys asked me to join....

Suavy Danny: Sure!!!Why not!! I've been jogging my whole life..10km? No problem!! I love SPORTS!!How do i sign up? (Hot chick winks at me and i swear she wanted my phone number)

Basket!!How now....?In deep shit!!Ok!!C'mon Danny!!Be a man!!Instead of whining, why not do something about it. With that, i decided to come up with a Weekly Excercise Regime Plan.

Monday: Jog 8 rounds, Swim 3km.

Tuesday: Jog 8 rounds, Swim 3km.

Wednesday: Jog 8 rounds, Play soccer with Sam

Thursday: Jog 10 rounds, Swim 4km

Friday: Jog 10 rounds, Swim 4km

Saturday: Jog 10 rounds, Play soccer

Sunday: Jog 12 rounds, Play soccer with Bro

I was so impressed by my Weekly Excercise Regime Plan that i got so excited and motivated to start the plan!I was RARING to go.......

Week 1..............
I just recovered from Dengue...ermmm....so the doctor says i must have complete rest, stay in bed and avoid all excercises. As a obedient patient, i reluctantly heed his advise (while munching a Carl's Jr burger).

Week 2.............
I had SERIES of nightmare!!!! I dreamt while i was jogging in the park with much anthusiam, suddenly 2 macho gays grabbed me into the bush and raped me REPEATEDLY!!I stayed home.....

Week 3............
I had an accident, a car accident. For more information, please procced to read previous post. :D

Week 4............
Day 1: I swore that the alarm clock's battery went flat!!!!

Day 2: OT.

Day 3: I put on my A.D.I.D.A.S shoes, did 20min of warm up...and OFF i went!!(3min later...........) it started to pour!!Damn...Feeling really down, i decided to head down to the nearest Mac's and bought myself an ice cream cone.

Day 4: OT.

Day 5: I was about to.............................OK FINE!!there is no day 5!!

Well, i guess it's not easy to excercise regularly when you are someone who only happens to jog the day before your hot date with that hot chick you met last night in the pub, or after chinese new year when you felt really guilty eating all those "Bak Gua's".

Actually, i like to jog.To me, jogging is my only way to distress..honest!!!(do not be deceived by my baby fats). Haha..

On a more serious note, i urged all my friends to jog or workout regularly, do not give excuses just because you have a hard day at work or you have no time. A saying that goes, "There's no such thing as bad weather...Just weak minds". My dad is one that smokes, supper and completes 10km using only his vehicle. He had a near death with heart attack recently. I was going through the lowest point of my life. I've got through the ordeal, but it left a great impact in my life. I realized life is so vulnerable, you have really no idea when it could be your turn to move on. So instead of leaving everything to fate to decide, why not do something about it.

So comes this December, i shall see you guys at the Sheares Bridge!!:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home